31.8.14


"In my opinion it is not good to completely admire anyone, including God"
"Above all, the idea of death" (Responding to a question of what she fears most)
"I had no idea what maternal instinct was until I had my children."
"I didn't have time to be anyone's muse...I was too busy rebelling against my family and learning to be an artist."
"Sentimentality is a form of fatigue"
"Painting is a need, not a choice"

Leonora Carrington, 

The Hearing Trumpet

“I do not know of any religion that does not declare women to be feeble-minded, unclean, generally inferior creatures to males, although most Humans assume that we are the cream of all species. Women, alas; but thank God, Homo Sapiens! Most of us, I hope, are now aware that a woman should not have to demand Rights. The Rights were there from the beginning; they must be Taken Back Again, including the Mysteries which were ours and which were violated, stolen or destroyed, leaving us with the thankless hope of pleasing a male animal, probably of one’s own species.” 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário